Nexgen Automation is currently seeking a skilled Application Engineer to join our growing company! Nexgen designs, installs, and maintains building automation systems that create healthy, efficient building environments in commercial/industrial facilities throughout Central PA.
Your primary responsibility would be to design building automation systems based on project plans & specifications and/or proposals from our account executives. You will also collaborate with our software, graphics, and installation teams to coordinate and ensure our designs are meeting our contractual commitments and exceeding the expectations of our clients.
Typical project types including central plants, data centers, laboratories, hospitals, K-12, Higher Education and commercial office building projects.
Additional tasks include:
- Understanding and interpreting scope of work from building plans, specifications, estimates, and proposals.
- Developing control drawings and valve/dampers selections per project plans and specifications.
- Selection of controller hardware, sensors, and electromechanical devices to meet project requirements and sequences of operation.
- Developing, improving, and updating drawing and submittal standards on a continuing basis
- Assisting field operation staff with field-based changes and drawing/schedule clarifications.
- Coordinating project requirements with the engineering and field operations teams.
- Ordering project material in the right type, quantity, and timeframe as needed for installation schedules.
- Including field mark-ups to update control sequences and schematics on as-built documentation.
You would be a great fit if you:
- Are detail-oriented and thorough personality.
- Are a team player, but also self-motivated and able to set and meet deadlines.
- Have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Have extensive experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Are familiar with reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications.
- Can build and manage bill of materials from drawings.
- Can schedule, stage, and order material for just-in-time shipping to office & jobsite.
- Are willing to spend some time in field supporting team members and clients.
These skills will really make you standout:
- Prior building automation system engineering experience.
- Prior field work experience is a plus.
- Extensive experience with Visio, our primary design tool.
Educational preferences are as follows:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (1 year or less) with minimum of 8 yrs. experience, OR
- AA/AS Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (2yrs duration) with minimum of 4 yrs. experience, OR
- Bachelor Degree in Automation, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with minimum of 2 yrs. experience
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package including a health/dental/vision insurance, life/disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations and holidays.
Nexgen Automation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time, salaried
Kindly respond with a copy of your resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.