Nexgen Automation is currently seeking a skilled Building Automation Technician to join our growing company.
Candidates will be responsible for the proper startup, commissioning and ongoing service of our clients’ Building Automation Systems (BAS). This includes performing a point-to-point checkout per Company procedures, completing project commissioning documentation, downloading application software, performing software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation. This position also includes maintaining on-going project as-built documentation, archival of project user files and performing warranty related service calls. Additionally, this candidate will work closely with our installation team and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements. Finally, this candidate will work with the Service Department in the ongoing support, maintenance and repair of Building Automation Systems.
Typical project types including central plants, data centers, laboratories, hospitals, K-12, higher education and commercial office building projects, though there is no limit to the challenging projects we will accept!
Qualified individuals should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Team player with an excellent attitude, work ethic, people skills, integrity, and self-motivation.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers with Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of control logic, DDC control theory and applications pertaining to mechanical systems.
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation is a must.
- Possess and maintain valid and current Drivers License and be insurable by Nexgen’s insurance carrier.
- Clean background checks (PA child abuse, PA State Police) for work in K-12 vertical market.
- Ability to color coordinate electrical wire and cables.
- Possess own basic hand tools.
- Work in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, and snow.
- Capable of carrying & climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs.
- Work in restricted/confined areas (switchgear rooms, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, and attics).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs.
- Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime as required, and night shifts.
- Participate in service on-call rotation.
- Willingness to travel in excess of 50 percent of typical work week; regional travel and occasional overnight hotel stays based on business needs.
- Good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team.
Preferred additional skills:
- Knowledge in servers, network equipment/environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft 7, 10, and MS Server versions.
- Working knowledge of network topologies with skills to implement and troubleshoot hubs, switches, fiber-optic media converters.
- Working knowledge of database software (specifically SQL & Access). Proficient in data manipulation, import, and export.
- Current EPA refrigerant certification a plus.
- Prior graphical or structure-based programming experience is a plus.
Educational requirements are as follows:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (1 year or less) with minimum of 5 yrs experience, OR
- AA/AS Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (2yrs duration) with minimum of 3 yrs experience, OR
- Bachelors Degree in Building Automation (or equivalent) with minimum of 2 yrs experience
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package including a health insurance plan, 401(k) and paid vacations and holidays. This is a full-time, hourly position.
Kindly respond with a copy of your resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nexgen Automation is an equal opportunity employer.