Nexgen Automation is currently seeking a skilled Building Automation Technician to join our growing company! Nexgen designs, installs, and maintains building automation systems that create healthy, efficient building environments in commercial/industrial facilities throughout Central PA.
Candidates will be responsible for the proper startup, commissioning, and ongoing service of our clients’ Building Automation Systems (BAS) throughout Central and Southeast PA. This includes performing point-to-point checkouts, completing project commissioning documentation, downloading application software, and performing software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation.
This position also includes maintaining ongoing project as-built documentation, archival of project user files and performing warranty related service calls. Candidates will work closely with our engineering and installation team to ensure projects are completed on time and per Nexgen standards and contract requirements. Finally, this candidate will work with the Service Department in the ongoing support, maintenance, and repair of Building Automation Systems.
Typical projects include central plants, data centers, laboratories, hospitals, K-12, higher education, and commercial office buildings, although there is no limit to the challenging projects we will accept!
You would be a great fit if you:
- Are team player with an excellent attitude, work ethic, people skills, integrity, and self-motivation.
- Have great communication skills and can easily work as part of a team, BUT are also self-motivated (can work independent, methodically and meet deadlines).
- Are skilled in the use of personal computers with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Have a basic understanding of control logic, DDC control theory and applications pertaining to mechanical systems.
- Have a valid Driver’s License with clean accident & DUI history.
- Pass clean background checks (PA child abuse, PA State Police) for work in K-12 vertical market.
- Are open to opportunities for overtime and occasional second shift work.
- Can participate in service on-call rotation.
- Can do occasional regional overnight hotel stays based on seasonal business requirements.
These skills will really make you standout:
- Knowledge in servers, network equipment/environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft 7, 10, and MS Server versions.
- Working knowledge of network topologies with skills to implement and troubleshoot hubs, switches, fiber-optic media converters.
- Working knowledge of database software (specifically SQL & Access). Proficient in data manipulation, import, and export.
- Current EPA refrigerant certification.
- Prior graphical or structure-based programming experience.
Educational preferences are as follows:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training with 5 yrs minimum HVAC/BAS experience, OR
- AA/AS Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (2yrs duration) with 3 yrs minimum HVAC/BAS experience, OR
- Bachelors Degree in Building Automation (or equivalent); >2 yrs HVAC/BAS experience.
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package including a health/dental/vision insurance, life/disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid vacations and holidays, and company vehicle.
Nexgen Automation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time, hourly
Kindly respond with a copy of your resume and professional references to email@example.com.